UPCOMING EVENTS (Yay Street Fests!)
Sat Oct 1
- 11am-4pm: Union Square Autumn Fair (FREE, B'way bet 17th and 23rd)
- A perfect little walk to pick up some local veggies and treats, and get a cup of hot apple cider to enjoy while you're there.
- 11am-6pm: Chile Pepper Fiesta ($10-15, BK Botanical Garden)
- It’s back! I’ve never gone before, but I’d love to check out the Chocolate and Chili Takedown and just see the sweat on everyone’s faces as they’re sampling all of the hotness.
- 1pm-7pm: 13th Annual Czech Street Fest (FREE, E73rd btwn 1st+2nd Ave, 6 train to 68th St/Hunter College)
- Fest to celebrate the Czech Independence Day
- 6pm-12pm: Bring to Light – Nuit Blanche New York (FREE, 6-12pm, Greenpoint, BK)
- Neat event that we went to last year and would highly recommend going to!
- “The event, pegged to similar happenings in Paris, Brussels and Toronto, gathers 50 artists from around the world to transform the cityscape into a glowing urban scene.”
Here we go, October!
- 1130am-6pm: 2011 Medieval Festival (FREE, Fort Tryon Park, A train to 190th St)
- Step back into the Middle Ages and enjoy the fare, activities, and costumes of the era, jousting and all!
- 12pm-6pm: Atlantic Antic (Atlantic Ave/Brooklyn)
- “Shops, Music, Food, & Fun at Brooklyn’s Largest Street Festival”
- Check out 1 mile of over 500 booths, whoa.
- 12pm-5pm: 23rd Annual Upper Broadway Harvest Festival (FREE, B'way bet 96 and 110)
- Here's one for those of you who like to stay on the mainland: )
- $1 for $25 Restaurant.com Certificates – the last time I saw this was at least 2 years ago, so take advantage and scoop some up for fun Fall dinners with friends - no code needed - extended to today 9/30.
- This week is an ode to hot drinks!
- THURS 9/29: Happy National Coffee Day! I bet many of you didn't even know you celebrated it: )
- FRI 9/30: Mulled Hot Apple Cider Day: )
- Weather.com is showing 50-60% chance rain tonight into the weekend (rain boots time!), but get out there and enjoy as much as you can of NY before it truly gets too cold to do anything.
- Take a look at the night sky when you can - see the really bright star to the East about 10 or 11p? It's JUPITER (thanks Jason Kendall from the Amateur Astronomy Assoc for confirming: ). Rises tonight at 8p.