Today, be revolutionary. LIVE, eat, dance - do what you love, be with people you love, forgive and let go of whatever is holding you back. Even when things don't go as expected, be excited about the adventure and surprises ahead. It always works out for the best, and sometimes, you see fireworks at the end: ).
I hope you are already out with your friends and family, getting those grills started early (I'll be there soon too!) - but here are a few quick things to do today or put on your calendar:
Wed July 4th
- Ends Today: Buy One Get One JAMBA JUICE - click HERE for the coupon!
- Today Only: FREE hot coffee from STARBUCKS.
- 7am-6pm: Note that the HIGHLINE (my fave!) closes at 6pm today (usually at 11pm), so no go with viewing fireworks there, sorry. There's still time to go have a little picnic though!
- 12-8pm: 4th of July Pig Roast & BBQ Block Party - charity for The Wounded Soldier Project - FREE burgers, hot dogs...and roasted pig! 32 Cliff St, NY. [FB invite]
- 9pm: Find a good spot to see Macy's 36th Annual 4th of July Fireworks on the Hudson (25 min)! 18th to 43rd st. [website].
- NEED: Ice cubes, cranberry juice, sprite, and blue Gatorade
- POUR: Most sugar to least so you get the RWB effect. Enjoy!
- Thurs 7/5 - Movies with a View under BK Bridge - screening of E.T. at sunset! Who's in?
Plus, here are a few "fun in the sun" events to that my friend Ting sent me (hope you don't mind me sharing: ) - email me if you're interested in going, and I can put everyone in touch!
Cook Out NYC @ Governors Island
Sun., 7/8, 11:30am - 4:30pm, $25
An outdoor cooking and country fair event. 2nd annual kimchi eating contest, lol
Come Out & Play in the Dark @ South Street Seaport - this sounds pretty fun: )
Fri., 7/13, 7pm - 12am, free
Small indoor games, and outdoor player haunts through darkened streets. Lined up so far: Madlibs v Karaoke, and body and voice-controlled Space Invaders!
City of Water Day / Come Out and Play Field Day @ Governors Island
Sat., 7/14, 10am - 4pm / 12pm - 6pm, free
City of Water Day: Kayaking, rowing, and fishing!
Come Out & Play FIeld Day: games such as Humans vs. Mosquitoes and Pickpocket Junction :). Interesting.
MP3 Experiment Flash Mob
Sun., 7/15, 3pm, free
This year requires a water gun. Oh dear...