Here are a few ideas for some Sunday Fun, if you don't sleep in too much after a night out (or do, that's ok too!). I noted in green what I'm planning to check out today - saving the others for later!
- Open 7 days - DEKALB MARKET: I love going to street fairs whenever I have downtime on the weekends because there's always something to look at, buy, or eat - and Dekalb Market is one you should definitely go to over the next few weekends because it's closing/moving at the end of this month! [138 Willoughby Street (@Flatbush Ave), Brooklyn | B, Q, R to Dekalb Ave OR A, C, F & R to Jay St. Metrotech]
- LAST DAY: Check out the Omnivore World Tour Food Festival, a food celebration including chef demos, food, and music!
- 10am - 6pm - BROOKLYN BOOK FESTIVAL: Might strike your fancy - all FREE events, see schedule here [209 Joralemon St, Brooklyn]
- 10am-7pm - BROADWAY CARES/FLEA MKT + AUCTION: Stop by Times Sq to look at/purchase B'way memorabilia to raise money to fight aids. May see some B'way celebs there too! [W44 - Shubert Alley, website].
- 11am-9pm - MADISON SQUARE EATS (Thru 11/19): 25+ food vendor in one place, yummy! [25th St and 5th Ave, website].
- 1pm - BROOKLYN CANNING CLASS (Thru 10/21): Learn to be a master canner of late summer/fall fruits! I know at least 2 couples who might like this: ) [BK Society for Ethical Culture, $20 includes materials and canned goodness to take home, website]
- 2pm - SHOW at Lincoln Center: La más grande historia jamás CANTADA (The Most Amazing Story Ever Sung) - well known Colombian musical production with 85 dancers, 600 costumes, and an 18-piece orchestra about the lesser known life of Jesus. Email me to find out about $5 tix for this show (normally $45+!). Still tix left, last show!
- SMALL WORKS NYC EXHIBIT (Thru 10/20): See "small works" that are meant to draw you closer into the art, FREE [Jeffry Leder Gallery, L.I.C - my old hood! website]
- TATZU NISHI: DISCOVERING COLUMBUS (Thru 11/18): Get to know the Christopher Columbus statue in Columbus Circle a little better - and more, FREE (with timed tickets online or at the 3rd Floor Info Desk in Time Warner. [Columbus Circle, website].
- 7-11pm - THE 64th Primetime EMMYs are on ABC, just FYI.