I must say, one of my favorite flavors of the Fall is pumpkin spice - everything: soup, cupcakes, bread, lattes...I love it! Any other flavors you enjoy this season? Cinnamon? Apple cider!
:: Weekender 10/16-10/18 ::
- 7-10p @ 3rd Ward: "The Group Show: The Best Emerging Photographers", free wine! RSVP info on website.
- Midnight (until 10/17), $9.99: Watch this Tim Burton classic - Beetlejuice!
- Where the Wild Things Are - in theaters today! Check out original drawings from the author at The Morgan, until Nov. 1
- Lots of birthdays this weekend: )
- 10a-4p: Brooklyn Flea - food samples and other odds and ends! [more weekend food events from SeriousEats.com].
- Also in BK (Greenpoint), 5p - Enid's 7th Annual Apple Pie Bake-Off!
- 7p, Gary's movie club: "The Notebook"
- 945a: NYColor "Cloudy" Adventure with "Meatballs" movie (only $6, maybe less!: ) and lunch. Not too late to RSVP!
- 11:00a-4:30p, Free, Orchard St b/t Broome and Grand: The 2nd annual Apples on Orchard Festival is a free outdoor festival celebrating New York City, the Lower East Side and of course, apples! Enjoy live music, tastings, games, and much more [more weekend food events from SeriousEats.com].
- For salsa lovers, $16: Jimmy Anton's Birthday Salsa Social ft. New Swing Sextet
- Nat'l Chocolate Cupcake Day - Little Debbie Cupcakes is giving away 1 million cupcakes via facebook! Let's celebrate!: )
- Until 10/14 - Cooper-Hewitt Museum offers free admission for Nat'l Design Week!
- 730p, Ben's Kosher Delicatessen (38th b/t 7 and 8), FREE - "Save the Deli" book signing and FREE pastromi on rye. And Jelvis (the Jewish Elvis)!
- @ David Burke's Fishtail - Delicious $5 OctoberFest Menu for Lunch or late dinner
- @ CafeMetro - Oct. Special - Order Online for a $5 soup and sandwich combo!
- Enter to win an NYC Street Food Tour with the expert, Zach Brooks, of MidtownLunch.com! Food and drink included!
I'm actually not going to be in NYC next weekend, which is a bummer b/c there are so many great Fall events...but seeing my cousin get married will make up for it: )! Telling you early so you can plan ahead!
- AM until 6p, Meatpacking: Old Navy's Urban Pumpkin Patch - get a FREE pumpkin, see a celebrity pumpkin carver, and go on a pedicab hayride!
- @ 12p, Tompkins Sq: 19th Annual Halloween Dog Parade - dogs in costumes, what can be cuter? well, babies in costumes, maybe: )
- @ 830p, Astoria Park (Queens): Thrill the World - "An annual world-wide simultaneous dance of "Thriller" for world records and charity. A Global Tribute to Michael Jackson" - aka awesome!
10/31 - Halloween - Check out TheSkint.com All-Halloween Edition for other great events happening!
- @ 7p: NYC Halloween Parade 6th Ave/Greenwich - put on a costume and join the parade!
- Until Nov. 1st: Queens County Farm (only 35 min away by car) - Corn Mazing and Pumpkin Picking! I'm planning a trip, so let me know if you're interested, and we'll send you more details.
Stay warm, New York!