Like this couple who's celebrating their 11th anniversary on 11/11/11 in the 11th state - which is New York, naturally! We really should just do what they have planned:
- 11:11am Brunch at 11th St Cafe on 11th St
- Watch Titanic and/or Lord of the Rings, which both won 11 Academy Awards
- 11:11pm Dinner at Gene's on 11th St and Greenwich
- 111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
- Last 2 digits of the year you were born + Your Age = 111 - lucky money for everyone, Confucius says (thanks for sharing, Brittany B.)
- You are allowed to make 2 wishes - 11:11am and 11:11pm
- It's the 93rd anniv of Armstice Day (aka Veteran's Day), the last day of WWI. There's a 1 min moment of silence at 11am.
- The "Great Blue Norther" took place on 11/11/1911 - a "cold snap" in Kansas City that went from a high of 76 degrees F in the morn to 11 degrees F at night - in only 14 hrs!
- The star Antares, Earth, Venus, and Mercury are all expected to align - what's known as a conjunction.
*phrase by retired HS teacher Ronald Gordon - see article
**"World Set to Celebrate 11.11.11"