We've also celebrated so many foods recently: Pancakes, Macaroons, PI(e), Hamburgers, Waffles (TODAY 3/25 - still time to get one! Too bad we aren't in the South - we could have had a party at Waffle House!). I can't wait for what's next...Grilled Cheese month should be soon!
Here are a few interesting things to check out this weekend and onward, lots in Brooklyn (it is a great place: )!
- 11AM: GRILLIN' ON THE BAY/CHILI SMACKDOWN - Looks like a mix of BBQ and Chili, but all good food to try! Free to attend, $10 all you can eat [Corner of E 18th + Ave Z, Sheepshead Bay BK, website]
- 7-10PM: THE INFLATABLE SCUPLTURE STUDENT SHOW - See their creations in progress over the past few months come to life, FREE [3rd Ward - 195 Morgan Ave; website]
- 10AM-6PM: Martha Stewart's POP-UP PIE SHOP- Stop by Little Owl to buy one of Martha Stewart's pies from her new book, New Pies & Tarts (not as exciting because it's not free like I thought, but still yummy I'm sure! Only $3) [93 Greenwich; website]
- Did you know pop-up restaurants are the thing now? Pretty cool - I want to try out some of these places (see here).
- 11AM-7PM: BROOKLYN MUTT SHOW - Free to watch. Check out pups strutting their stuff (even a contest for the best "SNOOKI-Look-Alike" hah! [Brooklyn Lyceum - 277 4th Ave; website]
- BELGIAN RESTAURANT WEEK - For those of you who know me, the only kind of beer I like is Belgian beer, so this is kind of exciting to enjoy that with some Belgian food! Here are Wined and Dined picks of the best deals plus more from the official website...and highlights here:
- 3/25 - Petite Abeille - Find a real diamond in your order of green Duval!
- $20 (or less) prix fixe menu @ Markt, Le Pain Quotidien, BXL Cafe, B. Cafe
- DINE IN BROOKLYN WEEK - $25 for dinner, $20.10 for lunch, plus 2 for 1 brunches! See a full list here - there are over 200 restaurants! Who wants to go?: )