Lots of changes, all that worked out for the best, and it'll only get busier for me until my project is over in mid Sept - BUT, still no excuse to not stay in touch. I do appreciate so much how many of you still send things my way when you see something fun that I'd like or can share with others, and my hope is that you have continued on to enjoy NY, because the summers here really are so precious.
Quick RECAP on the more fun things I've done recently (and forgot to tell you about - sorry: )
- SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK, All's Well that Ends Well: We were FIRST in line @ 530am, can you believe it? We realized the trick is to go during opening weekend!
- You have 3 more days left to see the second play, Measure for Measure - do it!
- BIG APPLE BBQ FEST: Always delicious. That fast pass is key. I tried ribs from St. Louis, brisket from Austin, and pulled turkey S. Carolina style. Strangely not so packed this year, but not complaining about that!
- BDAY WEEK: I do feel bad about not sharing my bday plans with most of yall, but bday week was fun this year. This year's theme was, bows + bowties! Cute times.
- MERMAID PARADE: Mermaids, Mermen, Oysters, Unicorns (? yes)...and Nathan's hot dogs and cheese fries! All ocean friendly.
- 4TH OF JULY PICNIC @ THE HIGHLINE: We made RWB drinks and desserts and had a picnic in the new part of the Highline!
- Check out the new part between 20th and 30th and 10th Ave - it's a great walk, and you can also pick up some gelato or People's Pops on your travels.
- NATIONAL TAPIOCA PUDDING DAY: We celebrated by having dumplings with tapioca pudding (naturally), and playing Dance Central to burn it all off. Any excuse to celebrate is a good one.
- SAVAGE BEAUTY @ THE MET: A beautiful and emotional exhibit showcasing over 100 of McQueen's work. We went early morning around 10am and only had to wait about 10 min or so. Pay as you wish, so you should go as many times as you can before it's over (Aug 7).
...just a a few things, and more to come (will work on letting you know in advance: )