Coming to you late night, as I'm watching the Australian Open on the tube (Go Isner!). It is cold, but don't let it stop you from some of these fun things going on this weekend: )
- 11a-6p: BROOKLYN FLEA MARKET - this is my fave default event when I have an open weekend, not only b/c it's so close to me, but there are so many gems to pick up from the various vendors! I always end up buying something totally cool (like my little teacup ring for our British night last weekend, love it:) [One Hanson Place, Fort Greene - all major lines come here!]
- 1p: BARGEMUSIC - chamber music on a barge under the Brooklyn Bridge! Approx. 1 hr, FREE [A/C to High St, F to York St, or 2/3 to Clark St; directions]
- 5p: Bryant Park's WINTER FILM FEST - kicks off with "Happy Feet" this Sat and then the next 4 Mondays, FREE. Might be a little cold, but all the more excuse to grab a warm blanket and cuddle up! [42 bet 5th and 6th]
SUN 1/23 - Score some good deals around the city!
- Last Day! Stop by any Bath + Body Works to pick up your FREE 2 oz. Carried Away lotion (with this COUPON)
- PARK HERE: Indoor Pop-Up Park - I'm sure you've heard about it, now go check it out! P.S. Weekends only there are some local vendors featured who would normally be closed in the winter, yum! [Thru 1/30; 201 Mulberry St, 6 train to Spring St]
- BROOKLYN FLEA MARKET - One can never go too many times in one weekend: )
- 12-3p: FREE Grimaldi Pizza @ the Limelight Market [Until 1/25 or so; 656 Ave of the Amer]
- 12-7p: TASCHEN WAREHOUSE SALE - 50-75% off books! They may be a little damaged, but they'd still make lovely coffee table books: ) [107 Greene St, bet Prince and Spring]
- 1/24 - 2/6: NYC Restaurant Week - $24.07 for lunch, $35 for dinner at some hot spots around the city, like A Voce, Perilla, db Moderne, Morimoto, etc!
- 1/24 - 2/13 (20@20 ends 2/6): 2-for-1 or $20 B'Way Tix - score cheap(er) tix to some great off broadway shows, like Avenue Q, Blue Man Group, Fuerza Bruta, etc!
- Good date idea: book a nice dinner and then go to an off b'way show (I mean, that sounds like a great night to me...and easy to plan, guys! hehe: )
- 2/3 Chinese New Year of the Rabbit!
- 2/5 @ 730p - ICE SKATING in LIC (only rooftop rink in NY) w/ Random Events - only $8, including skate rental, private group lesson, and approx 3 hrs of skating!
More on the way. Bundle up and have a great weekend!