Thursday, January 6, 2011

Save the Date: Stop n' Swap in Feb

This could be something fun to check out in Feb, especially if you have a few things you don't need anymore and could be of good use in a new home...or just to pick up a few things for yourself.  Free!

Stop n' Swap is community swap where people can bring "clean, working, portable" items (clothing, books - I have a few I can donate! - electronics, etc) for the taking, but this isn't a requirement.  Anyone can check out the items and take on a first come, first serve basis. No doubt most of it we may not want or need, but there might be a few gems in there.  Not something I'd go out of my way for (one loc is near me, so it works out:), but it's all in the name of Recycling - a cause I can support: ).


There are a few locations, but here are the 2 that I think most people can get to more easily.

Saturday, February 12, 11am-2pm - Queens (Jackson Heights)
Renaissance Charter School, basement cafeteria
35-59 81st St. b/t 37th & 35th Aves

Saturday, February 26, 11am-2pm - Brooklyn (Ft. Greene)
M.S. 113 lobby, 300 Adelphi Street b/t DeKalb and Lafayette

Check out the website for more details: http://www.grownyc.org/swap.