Sign up for the NYColor email subscriptions to find out WHEN! Goodbye Summer!
- Thru Aug - Cranford Rose Garden - smell the roses and other late summer blooms like orchids and sunflowers! [BK Botanical Garden, $8 or FREE Sat 10a-12p and Tues]
- Sat 8/21 - Good Good Trouble on Bad Bad Island - see my friend Josh's play, as a part of the Fringe Festival NYC (see my recent POST, a few more shows left!]
- Don't miss it!
- Sun 8/22
- 10a-4p: Volkswagen Traffic Jam - vintage VW car show (dune buggies and more!) [Governor's Island]
- 11a-6p: Healthy Food and Green Festival - learn the Japanese healthy way! Try snacks (around $5 each) and hear discussions on different food topics [NY Japan Town, Madison Ave bet 43 and 45]
- 2-9p: Blues BBQ Festival - jazz and BBQ, the best combo! I've missed it every year, but I'm determined to make it this year [Blues BBQ, Pier 54 @ W 14th St]
- yes please!
- Tues 8/24-Sat 8/28 - Central Park Conservatory Film Festival - see FREE "Iconic NY" movies! [CPC Film Fest, 8p (but get there early!), near Sheep Meadow]
- Tues 8/24 - The Story of Sushi - Hear Trevor Corson (Iron Chef America Judge) chat about how sushi got to where it is now. No promise of a sampling, but you'll be full of new sushi knowledge! [Museum of the City of NY, 630p, $12 adults, $8 students. Must RSVP]
- Do ASAP - Berry Picking @ Patty's Berries and Bunches - Head out for a mini-day trip to Long Island for raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries! Season is almost over, so get picking! [Patty's, 631-298-4679, $5/bunch]
- Sat 8/28-Sun 8/29 - Pirates and Knights @ The Ren Faire - enough said? Break out your eye patch and take a walk on the high seas....with your local knights and queens, hehe [The Renaissance Faire, $20]
- Until Sun 8/29
- Shakespeare on the Run - yay! roaming Shakespeare, this year's play being "Much Ado About Nothing", which is great fun [NYClassical, Central Park (103rd + CPW), Thurs-Sun 7p]
- Definitely going: )
- Grand Central Dining Week - try the restaurants in Grand Central Terminal, on the cheap(er)! [GCT Dining Week]
- Mon 8/30-9/12 - US OPEN Tennis!! The best of tennis, only 30 min away from Manhattan. Love-love it like it's my job (because it is haha) [US Open, check out website for sched and tix]
- Let me know if you go, I'll meet up with you there!