Have a great time in NY, Gary, Susan, and Jesslyn!
- 10a: Touch-a-Truck Street Fair - YMCA 64th and Central Park West
- At this extravaganza, youngsters are free to explore police cars, fire trucks and other vehicles. Kids who aren't as enthused about automotives can jump around in bouncy castles, listen to AudraRox jam at 11am and 1pm, get their faces painted, create crafts, enter raffles and munch on food from Magnolia, Crumbs, Alice's Teacup and other yummy vendors. Event will go on rain or shine. All ages.
- 1030a-130p: Spring Kids Fest - Madison Square Park
- Time Out Kids teams up with the Madison Square Park Conservancy for this outdoor fair chockfull of arts activities, live music and theater, storytelling, face painting, tasty treats and more. All ages.
- 1p: Hudson River Pagent - Hudson River
- This parade of puppets, costumes, music, dance and performances celebrates the Hudson River’s plant and animal life, history and future. The pageant starts at the World Financial Center, and other events will take place along the Hudson River (check website for details). All ages.
- 12-3p: Highland Park's Strawberry Festival - Jamaica, Queens -
- Enjoy a family day of all things strawberry! The festival includes music, crafts, games, and a horse & carriage ride around Highland Park!
- 1-7p: Dance Parade - Tompkins Sq Park -
- The procession starts at Broadway and 21st Street, with floats and 5,000 dancers moving to everything from African to zydeco beats, wending their way past Union Square, through the East Village via St. Marks Place and ending up at Tompkins Square Park, where the party continues with free dance lessons and performances. All ages.
- 10a-2p: Farm in the City Fair - 14th St Y
- Kids should arrive at this carnival dressed like farmers or farm animals. There will be games, live music, a hoedown, potato sack races and more. Ages 1 to 6.