Thanks so much to Bypremier for kicking off the summer for us! - NYChar
Hello Everyone. Guest blogger, bypremier, here.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend! This weekend of course is a big one: The unofficial start of summer, a long weekend for most of us, (hopefully) some nice weather, and lots of fun things to do.
So if you’re looking for what’s happening in NYC this weekend (which is why you come to this wonderful site), then allow me to give you a few ideas.
- For those looking for a little nostalgic fun, then come on down to the grand opening of Luna Park in Coney Island (W 10th St between the Boardwalk and Surf Ave, Coney Island, Brooklyn; lunaparknyc.com; 11am–midnight). Pick up a wristband and access up to 19 new rides.
- Of course, if you prefer your fun more intrepid and naval. Then the amazing, NYChar, has already detailed the upcoming Fleet Week events (see below 5/28 post). Please do check out some of the fun events scheduled (I’m most looking forward to the cast members from the Broadway musical “Wicked” performing at Noon on Saturday, May 29th).
- Since most of you are probably familiar with Fleet Week thanks to some small, little show called “Sex and the City”, then I’m sure you’re all anxiously waiting to throw on your best dress and take those Manolo’s out of the box, because “Sex and the City 2” is coming to a theater near you. But if you’re like me, then you have to save up just to pay for those ridiculous movie prices.
- That’s why I found this great deal for $4 AMC movie tickets (click HERE).
- After a night of fun (or for some of you, while preparing for a night of fun) with Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha…you’ll probably need this.
- Sign up for America Apparel’s email newsletter, get a free thong.
- Or if a chick flick is not your style and you don’t want to spend your weekend indoors, then go out and BBQ it up like a regular grill master. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, and if you’re high class…a little bul-go-ki. And after you’re done shoveling down all that meat…nothing goes better than some nice, cold ice cream.
- If you like it free, then try and find the Ben and Jerry’s truck.
- Otherwise, Cold Stone Creamery has a 20% off coupon.
Thanks to NYChar for letting me guestblog. Everyone be safe and have a fun filled and relaxing weekend.