Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Talented Friends: DJ, Jazz, Hip Hop, Theater!

This post goes out to my talented friends who have upcoming shows!

One of my favorite things (besides playing in the city, of course: ) is seeing people in their element, doing what they love, and me to support their work when I can. I really think you can see people's heart and soul in their passions, and I love the new experiences I get out of it too! Check them out:

FRIDAY Oct. 9th, 9p @ Oulu (W'burg)
DJ Lani Love spinning at "We Run This" + drink specials! Free!
(Facebook Link)




  • She's also one of the fashionistas of Sugarrockcatwalk.com! Get style tips and the info about all of the latest trends!

TUESDAY Oct. 13th, 630-11p @ Nightingale Lounge (213 2nd Ave)
Lifeline: A Benefit for the Survivors of Typhoon Ondoy/ Ketsana
(Facebook Link)

  • Support MAGNETIC NORTH (really awesome hip hop duo - check out their songs - "Within The Rhythm" is one of my fave!) and this great line up of performers who are raising relief money for victims of Typhoon Ketsana.

  • "All proceeds will be going to non-government, grassroots organizations doing direct services in Typhoon Ketsana affected communities."



FRIDAY Oct. 16th, 7p @ The Calhoun School (433 West End Ave)
"Jazz at Calhoun" with the Victor Lin Jazz Trio, $10 tix ($5 students/seniors)
(Facebook Link)



FRIDAY Oct 9 - Nov 22, 7p @ The Brooklyn Lyceum

Another new friend, James "Face" in bauhaus the bauhaus!




Best of Luck - Lani, Derek, Victor, and Face!