Hello beautiful NY!
It's a great weekend to be outside, and here are a few events to check out in the city. Don't let the weekend get away from you!
SATURDAY 9/19 - German-American Parade, Photographs, Kandinsky
- 12p, 5th Ave b/t 59th and 110th: 52nd Annual German-American Steuben Parade
- 4p, South St Seaport: Newmindspace presents "Photograph": "People photographing people photographing people. All you need is a camera. Meet at South Street Seaport with a camera at 4 PM on September 19th, 2009 and start snapping away. Costumes optional :)"
- 5:45p, Guggenheim Museum: New Kandinsky Retrospective (one of my fave artists) and the Gug pay as you wish hours (545p-745p).
SUNDAY 9/20 - Italian street fest, African-American Day Parade, Arm Wrestling, Street Food Chat
- 12-4p, Wykoff Farmhouse Museum, BK: Annual Apple Festival
- 12p, Little Italy: 82nd Annual Feast of San Gennaro - last day!
- 1p, 7th ave from 111st to 142 st: 40th Annual African-American Day Parade - "Celebrate African-American heritage at this parade which boasts seven (7) grand marshals, including Gov. David Patterson, former NYC mayorr David Dinkins and the Rev. Al Sharpton" - TimeOut
- 1p, Queens: 32 Annual White Castle Queensboro Arm Wrestling Championships - see who will be crowned "Queens' Strongest Arm" this year! Details at nycarms.com.
- 6p, Astor Center, $15: Street Food Snapshot: Mobile Food Vendors in NYC with Sean Basinsky, Zach Brooks (MidtownLunch.com), Kim Ima (Treats Truck), Ed Levine (Serious Eats.com).
And ENTER TO WIN! (please take me!)
- Tix to a private Harry Connick Jr. Concert
- VIP tix to the 2009 NY Film Fest:
- Food&Wine Fest Tix Giveaway to "Pulse of the Wine World" with Gary V.!
- Tix to the Epicurious "Ultimate Lunch Break"
Come find me!