Fri 7/24 - Bullriding Birthday celebration for Amber!! When I turn thirty, I hope I'm just like her--so full of life and ready for the many years still to come! So much fun to celebrate with you, cowgirl! After party was at The Park.
Sat 7/25 - We had a mini-CHS reunion to welcome the bubbly Gina Lee to NYC!
- DINNER at Sakagura (www.sakagura.com): This hidden Japanese restaurant is a gem in Midtown. It's like tapas style where you pick a few dishes to share, and oh yes, everything we had was delicious (no matter we had no idea what the names were!). Our resident food photographer Young was on hand to document the meal, which I'll post when the pics are up! His flickr here, in the meantime: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oranguchang/
- Then off to Astor Place to introduce Gina to Pomme Frites (and to celebrate Belgium National Day). Got the war sauce, vietnamese pinapple, and mango chutney.
- Onward to Wine Bar down the street! Jerry played us a nice tune on his iPhone (seriously, apps these days haha), as we sipped delicious wine and made new friends. We had the Moscato d'arsi from Northern Italy. It was the perfect after dinner wine!
- Finishing the night off at Sing Sing: )
Sun 7/26 - Celebrating Belgium National Day with the Wafles and Dingels truck, which seemed to have read my mind and came right over to the LIC pier for the day. A lovely little wafle for only $3. What a treat: )
- Saw the last two shows of The Norman Conquests, which gave me 6+ hours of laughter. So hilarous, Alan Ayckbourn!
Not quite ready for the start of another work week, but let's have a go: )